Friday, April 17, 2009

Wisdom on Living & Dying - Frank Langella Interview

For some reason, my mind keeps recalling statements that actor Frank Langella made during an interview Charlie Rose did with him in January:

"You must not attack anyones defense for living."

"It's not right to invade someones defenses."

He made the remarks near the end of the amazing 28 minute interview (start at minute 20) -- and also discussed issues of dying in the video. Charlie Rose did a masterful (and sometimes humorous) job of interviewing the brilliant actor.

Having worked as a counselor (mostly with men and couples) during the 1990's, Langella's statements and my life experience since then seem to have "landed" in a place within that I can only call "wisdom."

Perhaps, with more self-acceptance as I've aged -- coupled with being more able to accept the "defenses for living" of people close to me -- Langella's statements had a deeper meaning for me.

Thank you, Frank Langella and Charlie Rose, for the heartfelt interview. I encourage readers to watch the video. Your feedback is welcomed.

Wisdom on Living & Dying - Frank Langella InterviewSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gunnar Berg said...

I saw saw the Lsngella interview. It was wonderful, which surprised me, because usually Charlie Rose cannot keep his mouth shut long enough for someone to ask intelligently.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.